Overflow that started 2 weeks ago. Maybe I should go intraweekly for Lazy Reading?
Reached overflow again! That secretly makes me happy.
Very much last-minute; compiled 20 minutes before bed Friday night.
I’m already filling in next week’s Lazy Reading links, there’s so much.
- An Open Letter to the Perl Community. Getting from Perl 5 to Perl 6. (via)
- chart.business. (via)
- Teaching an Almost 40-year Old UNIX about Backspace. (via)
- khal, a terminal calendar. (via kerma on EFNet #dragonflybsd)
- 10 PRINT, a book about a single-line Commodore 64 program. (via swildner)
- Wireguard, a possible IPSec/OpenVPN replacement. (via)
- ActivityPub is a W3C Recommendation. “decentralized social network protocol”, and a first step out of the walled garden. A very pleasant-to-read specification, too! (via)
- My favorite games of 2017. This will eat some hours of your time.
- This week in references: echoes, breakbeats, the new sound of music. The “Breakbeat Deconstruction” video is pleasant auditory history.
- Drummer From Another Mother, a Moog Music product. Listen, it’s the sound of analog! (via)
- USB Killer, now with pyrotechnic payload.
- The Screenless Office. (via)
- System Bus Radio: Transmits AM radio on computers without transmitting hardware. (via)
- Meanwhile is now available on Steam! Plus extra DLC comic! Meanwhile is a physical comic built as a maze, or perhaps nonlinear book, and here it is in software.
Almost all of this was done within 24 hours of the last Lazy Reading. No idea why there were so many good candidates for reading, but I’m happy about it.
This is almost all link overflow from last week – and next week’s edition is almost complete. There’s a lot to read lately!
I had to trim this down; there’s been a post-Christmas surge in material.
Last anything for the year! I packed in as much reading material as I could.
I’m throwing in some end-of-year lists cause now’s the time for it.
Accidental theme this week: the 1990s.
Your unrelated photo of the week: untitled.
Roguelike/UNIX theme this week.
Your off-topic music link of the week: A Walk Through Buckethead’s Massive Bandcamp Catalogue.
A good variety this week.
All over the map again, but that’s what Lazy Reading is for.
Unofficial gaming theme this week.
Unrelated images for the week: this and this.
I finally used up my overflow links.
Your odd video link of the week: what if the Doctor Who theme was composed by John Carpenter, Vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre, or Tangerine Dream? (via)
Apparently this is the week where I comment about my links.
Your unrelated animated GIF of the week: I find this … Inspirational? Hilarious?
There’s some meaningful links buried in here, among the trivia.