I’m preposting this, so hopefully it is still accurate: SEMIBUG has a menu of lightning talks tonight. It’s online.
There’s an unofficial NYCBUG meetup, tomorrow at 6:45PM. Go, if you are near New York City.
SEMIBUG is having a presentation on Jupyter notebooks tonight, online. The presenter is using them for genome sequencing, so this should the interesting.
There’s multiple online and offline BUG meetings this month; go if you can.
- Unofficial social NYCBUG meeting, July 6th.
- Fear and loathing in FreeBSD, or qorg’s experiences with FreeBSD.
- Foundation Elects New Officers, Interviews Outgoing Board Members.
- How I would sell OpenBSD as a salesperson.
- FreeBSD 2022Q1 report.
- How do I prepare my own port for distribution?
- A little bit of fun – Booting the NetBSD 1.6.2 installer on my 486!
- Split Audio Files into Parts.
- Valuable News – 2022/06/27.
- Notable OpenBSD news you may have missed, 2022-06-28 edition.
- Port of GNUBoy to OpenBSD using DRM framebuffer and wscons (no X11).
- pluart(4) baud rate correction.
- Basic fix between pf tables and macros on FreeBSD.
- GhostBSD virtual meetup July 22nd.
It’s on Jitsi, so anyone can reach it. Tonight, 7 PM eastern.
It rhymes if you say it out loud. Jason Tubnor will present at 7 PM tonight (Detroit local time) on installing and configuring Xfce and KDE on FreeBSD.
RSVP if you are near Chicago and can go.
I’m on at SEMIBUG’s meeting right now.
I hope to have a recording to post later. Nnnnope! A lesson for you and me both; test recording before an actual event starts.
ChiBUG’s monthly (rescheduled) meeting is tonight. RSVP if you can attend, to make sure the restaurant has the seating.
SEMIBUG’s monthly meeting is tomorrow. If you don’t know what Backus-Naur is, this meeting is via Jitsi and you can find out.
This will happen before the normal In Other BSDs post, so I am posting it now: there’s a GhostBSD virtual meetup happening tonight.
Note the first three items are events with deadlines happening now.
- There’s a NetBSD chat happening online this morning – in a few moments.
- Noting again: BSDCan 2022 is going to be online, and the CFP closes Monday.
- FOSDEM 2022 is happening today and tomorrow, and there’s several BSD events as usual. It’s online so you can get there.
- What a FreeBSD/KDE user misses on macOS.
- The reason Unix has the argv issue (and API).
- Why we’re migrating (many of) our servers from Linux to FreeBSD. (via)
- OPNSense 22.1 released.
- Smallest desktop of the day with BSD: Raspberry Pi 400.
- Related: r/Hardware_for_BSD.
- Valuable News – 2022/01/31.
- d-ptr pitfalls.
- HardenedBSD January 2022 Status Report.
- FreeBSD 13 on Thinkpad T460s.
- Can’t run Stardew Valley on OpenBSD.