This time, this was all last-minute.
Has anyone been watching the AsiaBSDCon video? I have not been awake/unbusy at the right times.
I hope you have some time for reading this week.
Look at the ZFS discussions if you want to feel smug as a BSD user.
Keep an eye out for BSD user group meetings in your area – just because I didn’t note it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening.
Another week with plenty of links.
There’s a lot of convention links this week, which is mostly an accident. If any of them are near you, go! BSD conventions are always fun, in my experience.
There’s some DragonFly links I snuck in here because why not?
I had this built up well ahead of time.
- Today’s world is amd64, armv7, and soon aarch64. Everything else is dead, Jim. The author is/was a OpenBSD developer. (via, via)
- Show Your Support for FreeBSD. (Foundation) Donation time of year.
- As an everyday user of Linux, should I switch to BSD, why or why not?
- vCenter Web Client Plug-in for TrueNAS Now Available.
- OpenBSD Xen support. (via)
- “look I come from debian so having a stable reliable system that _also_ has software that isn’t years out of date in the repos is a shocker” (about the ports system)
- pkgsrc is moving to dash as a bootstrap shell, to replace pdksh.
- The 2015Q4 quarterly pkgsrc freeze is coming.
- BSD Magazine issue 75, with a focus on FreeBSD development tools, is available.
- DistroWatch Weekly reviews OpenBSD 5.8. (via)
- n2k15: sashan@ on PF mpsafe progess.
- n2k15: tedu@ on rebound, malloc hardening, removing legacy code.
- OPNsense 15.7.22 Released.
- DiscoverBSD for 2015/12/07.
I informally grouped by topic, cause it has proved an exceptionally rich week for BSD links.
This is the sort of BSD link week I like, with lots of range and depth.
Not even checking source commits this week; there’s already plenty of news.
There’s a lot of developer interviews lately.
Your cross-platform software of the week: Syncthing. Runs on all the BSDs. (Via discussion on EFNet #dragonflybsd)
Another good week for BSD releases and events.
There’s lots to read through this week – just for BSD! I’ll have even more tomorrow.
This took some catching up.
Lots of activity; I didn’t even really need to look at source commits.
This was a quieter-than-normal week, probably because of the North American holiday at the start of it, but I found enough articles by the end.
Put together at the last minute.