The social meeting for NYCBUG is tonight, at Torch & Crown Brewing. Go, if you are near.
- Next NYCBUG social gathering is this Wednesday.
- Ultima Online’s 25th anniversary. Linked here cause it works on OpenBSD without Wine, according to the comment. (via)
- Announcing the pkgsrc 2022Q3 branch.
- How Rob Pike got hired by Dennis Richie.
- A DMD 5620 Terminal Emulator. This is a terminal I’ve never seen before.
- EuroBSDCon 2022, my first BSD conference (and how they are different).
- EuroBSDCon 2022.
- EuroBSDCon 2022.
- The Geeks way of checking what the outside wheather[sic] is like.
- Cartron asks what FreeBSD machines I use.
- Red Hat’s OpenShift vs FreeBSD Jails.
- Toolchains Adventures Q3 2022.
- Valuable News – 2022/09/26.
- How to trigger services restart after OpenBSD update.
I got subscribed to the UNIX Heritage Society mailing list and it’s already turned up some good stories.
ps(1)gains support for tree-like display of processes. OpenBSD, though it would be useful everywhere, hint, hint.
rcctl(8)gains a “
- Portable OpenSSH commits now SSH-signed.
- Sharing Dual-Licensed Drivers between Linux and FreeBSD.
- “interesting old-timey UNIXes” – I do not know where these intersect with the more well known branches of the family tree.
- Time overflows have always been with us.
- A fresh look at FreeBSD. (via)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: The Unix Legacy. By Rob Pike. Note the timestamp, for 2 reasons.
- Valuable News – 2022/09/12.
- Installing BSD on an older Dell Laptop: having some issues.
- -current has moved to 7.2. OpenBSD.
- rpki-client 8.0 released.
- ChiBUG is meeting this Tuesday, the 20th.
I’m preposting this, so hopefully it is still accurate: SEMIBUG has a menu of lightning talks tonight. It’s online.
There’s an unofficial NYCBUG meetup, tomorrow at 6:45PM. Go, if you are near New York City.
SEMIBUG is having a presentation on Jupyter notebooks tonight, online. The presenter is using them for genome sequencing, so this should the interesting.
There’s multiple online and offline BUG meetings this month; go if you can.
- Unofficial social NYCBUG meeting, July 6th.
- Fear and loathing in FreeBSD, or qorg’s experiences with FreeBSD.
- Foundation Elects New Officers, Interviews Outgoing Board Members.
- How I would sell OpenBSD as a salesperson.
- FreeBSD 2022Q1 report.
- How do I prepare my own port for distribution?
- A little bit of fun – Booting the NetBSD 1.6.2 installer on my 486!
- Split Audio Files into Parts.
- Valuable News – 2022/06/27.
- Notable OpenBSD news you may have missed, 2022-06-28 edition.
- Port of GNUBoy to OpenBSD using DRM framebuffer and wscons (no X11).
- pluart(4) baud rate correction.
- Basic fix between pf tables and macros on FreeBSD.
- GhostBSD virtual meetup July 22nd.
It’s on Jitsi, so anyone can reach it. Tonight, 7 PM eastern.
It rhymes if you say it out loud. Jason Tubnor will present at 7 PM tonight (Detroit local time) on installing and configuring Xfce and KDE on FreeBSD.
RSVP if you are near Chicago and can go.
I’m on at SEMIBUG’s meeting right now.
I hope to have a recording to post later. Nnnnope! A lesson for you and me both; test recording before an actual event starts.
ChiBUG’s monthly (rescheduled) meeting is tonight. RSVP if you can attend, to make sure the restaurant has the seating.
SEMIBUG’s monthly meeting is tomorrow. If you don’t know what Backus-Naur is, this meeting is via Jitsi and you can find out.