Lots of event notices in here… Watch for what’s near you.
- The next KnoxBUG meeting is September 5th, with a Trident demo. I’ll post a reminder.
- OpenBSD.Amsterdam. Dedicated OpenBSD/vmd servers, which is a neat idea. Could probably do the same thing with vkernels.
- MeetBSD is happening October 19-20 in Santa Clara, CA. (via)
- Configuring OpenBSD – System and user config files for a more pleasant laptop. Not all of it is OpenBSD-specific. (via)
- Happy Bob’s Libtls tutorial. Also not wholly OpenBSD-specific; more libressl-specific. (via)
- AsiaBSDCon 2019 is happening March 21-24, Tokyo, Japan. (via)
- Ravenports now on gcc 8.2.
- Recent freebsd-jobs posts.
- [talk] ARM – any Tier-1 *BSD options? Nice support work from Netgate.
- libfuzzer, parts 1, 2, and 3 – a Summer of Code project for NetBSD. I linked the first one before, but hadn’t followed up until now. (via)
- OpenBSD, SpamPD and the Startup Bug. (also via)
- Public Access Multics. I am happy just typing that sentence.
The eerielinux site has a followup on Ravenports, which digs into something I’ve covered a bit here: Ravenports is technically excellent and a better choice than dports in many ways – but Ravenports needs more ports. How many more? Probably not very many…
Speaking of which: Ravenports is kept vigorously up to date.