Once again playing catchup – but we all benefit from the abundance.
This week’s BSD Now covers assembly on OpenBSD, games on FreeBSD, and disk space on DragonFly.
Games are the unofficial accidental theme this week.
Still lots of BSD stuff happening.
Backlog finally cleared! You have a lot of clicking to do because of that.
It’s a mad rush to get these all posted in time for the weekend.
Well, I cleared my tab backlog, but not my RSS backlog…
Still playing catchup with links.
Still catching up on links.
BSDNow 266 is up, and while the title is “File Type History”, there’s a number of “this is how I use BSD” stories on there, which I always find interesting.
EuroBSDCon 2018 unfortunately had no video, but the presentations are showing up online.
Still running on extra links from previous weeks. Usually it takes a larger convention to cause this sort of backlog.
Built almost entirely with overflow from more than a week ago.
I am having trouble keeping up with BSD news items. This is a good problem to have.
Lots of event notices in here… Watch for what’s near you.
- The next KnoxBUG meeting is September 5th, with a Trident demo. I’ll post a reminder.
- OpenBSD.Amsterdam. Dedicated OpenBSD/vmd servers, which is a neat idea. Could probably do the same thing with vkernels.
- MeetBSD is happening October 19-20 in Santa Clara, CA. (via)
- Configuring OpenBSD – System and user config files for a more pleasant laptop. Not all of it is OpenBSD-specific. (via)
- Happy Bob’s Libtls tutorial. Also not wholly OpenBSD-specific; more libressl-specific. (via)
- AsiaBSDCon 2019 is happening March 21-24, Tokyo, Japan. (via)
- Ravenports now on gcc 8.2.
- Recent freebsd-jobs posts.
- [talk] ARM – any Tier-1 *BSD options? Nice support work from Netgate.
- libfuzzer, parts 1, 2, and 3 – a Summer of Code project for NetBSD. I linked the first one before, but hadn’t followed up until now. (via)
- OpenBSD, SpamPD and the Startup Bug. (also via)
- Public Access Multics. I am happy just typing that sentence.
Still haven’t cleared my backlog of links…
Overflow from two weeks running, cause of travel.
Overflow that I couldn’t catch up to before last weekend’s In Other BSD’s posting time. I try to always have these by 9 AM Eastern time Saturday. (Same for Lazy Reading on Sunday) I mentally imagine everyone sitting down with a drink and nothing else to do but click links, those mornings. At least, I hope that’s what it is.
I have more to post but just plain couldn’t get it all pasted!