ChiBUG’s meeting via Google Meeting tomorrow, 6:30PM CDT.
NYCBUG’s hosting “Extreme scripting with KSH and AWK” with G Clifford Williams, tomorrow. It’s online, so everyone can get the lesson.
Note the last link; BSD and M1.
- RSA/SHA1 signature type disabled by default in OpenSSH. Disruptive but good.
- (open)rsync gains include/exclude support.
- Choosing The Right ZFS Pool Layout. Appropriate illustration.
- HardenedBSD August 2021 Status Report.
- ChiBUG will be meeting on Tuesday, September 14th at 6:30PM CDT via Google Meetings. I’ll post a reminder.
- NYCBUG Sept 8 meeting: Extreme scripting with KSH and AWK. Also reminding.
- Valuable News – 2021/08/30.
- FreeBSD/EC2 AMI Systems Manager Public Parameters.
- A new path: vm86-based venix emulator.
- After Summer. (KDE and BSD planned work)
- Former things – OSSG. BSD in London history.
- Hibernate time reduced. (OpenBSD)
- Fair Internet bandwidth management on a network using OpenBSD.
- NetBSD on the Apple M1. (via)
ChiBUG is meeting tonight at 6:30 CDT via Zoom. “Protecting OpenBSD from DMA Attacks” is the presentation; RSVP to the address in that linked message for the meeting link.
Well, not what are you doing there, but you’ll be describing “what you are doing” at a roundtable for NYCBUG’s August meeting tonight.
No mini-theme, but I was also ‘done’ early.
- Live Action Lazy Reading, so to speak, at NYCBUG on August 4th.
- Thinkpad T14 (AMD) Gen 2 – A Brave New World!
- OpenBSD 6.9 – Help with the “Failed to install bootblocks” issue.
- FreeBSD implements unprivileged chroot. (via)
- MyBee — FreeBSD OS and hypervisor bhyve as private cloud. (via)
- Set up FTP server on NetBSD using ftpd. (via)
- OPNsense 21.7 released, with 21.1.x EOL.
- Introducing dhcpleased(8).
- Let’s Talk OpenZFS Snapshot.
- FreeBSD Foundation Q2 2021 Status Update.
- A FreeBSD Puppet refresher by Romain Tartière. (2018)
- Using freebsd-update to upgrade jails.
- Valuable News – 2021/07/26.
- OpenBSD full Tor setup.
- [OpenBSD :: Virtualization] Host and guests on the same network. (via)
- FreeBSD KDE Frameworks dependencies.
ChiBUG meeting is at 6 PM at the normal place, which means you should go if you are near, and vaccinated.
Tonight, via Zoom: George Rosamond, “Why Privacy/Security (usually) Needs Anonymity”, for NYCBUG. Go, even if you aren’t near.
I’ll post a reminder for the NYCBUG event.
- July 7th: George Rosamond, “Why Privacy/Security (usually) Needs Anonymity”, for NYCBUG. George has strong opinions; you should hear them.
- The Evolution of the Unix System Architecture. A summary from an author of the IEEE article I linked before.
- Introduction to ZFS Replication.
- Rolling Back OpenBSD PF Changes. (via)
- Valuable News – 2021/06/29.
- Any Marathon fans up in here?
- KDE on FreeBSD 2021o4.
- PDF/ePub/Comics readers on BSD, a discussion.
- History of FreeBSD Part 5: Net/1 and Net/2 – A Path to Freedom.
ChiBUG’s in-person meeting is tonight. Go, if you are near. (and vaccinated, which you should be.) There will be stickers and of course pizza.
Some useful setup instructions in here.
- NetBSD: Using virtualization: QEMU and NVMM. Didn’t know this existed. (via)
- Using Jails with ZFS and PF on DigitalOcean. (via)
- FreeBSD Desktop – Part 26 – Configuration – Conferencing and Meetings.
- Valuable News – 2021/05/24.
- HardenedBSD Switching IRC Servers.
- NYCBUG is doing that too.
- And other spots.
- My state of macOS virtualisation, with FreeBSD and NetBSD digressions.
- Using NetBSD’s pkgsrc everywhere I can.
- FreeBSD router take 2 (pt. 3): Excursion – De-hardening OPNsense for 2022?
- FreeBSD router take 2 (pt. 4): Demoting my ISP’s router.
- OPNsense 21.1.6 released.
- Opening a Garage Door Using OpenBSD on a Raspberry Pi.
- KDE Plasma Wayland – a week in FreeBSD.
- KDE on FreeBSD 2021o3.
- Why OpenBSD?
- SemiBUG, meeting soon with Jitsi?
The ChiBUG May 11th Meeting is today, and it’s virtual – so you can go and should.
Brian Callahan presents for NYCBUG on compiler support in the BSDs, tonight. Send an email for a Zoom invite.