RSVP if you are near Chicago and can go.
I’m on at SEMIBUG’s meeting right now.
I hope to have a recording to post later. Nnnnope! A lesson for you and me both; test recording before an actual event starts.
ChiBUG’s monthly (rescheduled) meeting is tonight. RSVP if you can attend, to make sure the restaurant has the seating.
SEMIBUG’s monthly meeting is tomorrow. If you don’t know what Backus-Naur is, this meeting is via Jitsi and you can find out.
This will happen before the normal In Other BSDs post, so I am posting it now: there’s a GhostBSD virtual meetup happening tonight.
Note the first three items are events with deadlines happening now.
- There’s a NetBSD chat happening online this morning – in a few moments.
- Noting again: BSDCan 2022 is going to be online, and the CFP closes Monday.
- FOSDEM 2022 is happening today and tomorrow, and there’s several BSD events as usual. It’s online so you can get there.
- What a FreeBSD/KDE user misses on macOS.
- The reason Unix has the argv issue (and API).
- Why we’re migrating (many of) our servers from Linux to FreeBSD. (via)
- OPNSense 22.1 released.
- Smallest desktop of the day with BSD: Raspberry Pi 400.
- Related: r/Hardware_for_BSD.
- Valuable News – 2022/01/31.
- d-ptr pitfalls.
- HardenedBSD January 2022 Status Report.
- FreeBSD 13 on Thinkpad T460s.
- Can’t run Stardew Valley on OpenBSD.
The NYCBUG lunch is today, 1-2 Eastern.
NYCBUG is having another lunch meeting online, this Friday, 1-2 Eastern time. RSVP on the NYCBUG talk@ list if you are going.
I only just read about it, so if you hurry you can get into the happening-now GhostBSD meetup on Jitsi.
Update: I misinterpreted, I thought it was reoccurring weekly starting next week, but it happened today. I was working and couldn’t get to it. I think it’s the equivalent meeting for this month, instead. Somebody from NYCBUG set me straight if I’m still wrong.
Posting this early cause it happens before the regular In Other BSDs post: You can eat lunch virtually with NYCBUG members this Friday, 1-2PM EST.
It’s on Jitsi so you can totally attend. The announcement also mentions the next three months of presentations and who’s coming in to present. There’s some good (not necessarily BSD) content on the way.
ChiBUG meets tonight, in person. RSVP and go, if you are near.
A little short this week but the holidays are catching up to me.
- The Apple Macintosh as a User Interface Agent for Unix Systems. (via)
- BSDCan 2022 is going to happen and maybe even in person. The call for papers is out.
- ChiBUG is meeting this Tuesday, the 14th.
- FreeBSD 12.3 is out.
- Valuable News – 2021/12/06.
- Using FreeBSD’s pkg audit to Investigate Known Security Issues.
- LLDB FreeBSD kernel core dump support.
- FreeBSD on Slimbook — 14 months of updates.
- TrueNAS 12.0U7 is out.
- Cross-platform package building: Pkgsrc vs. Ravenports, parts one and two.
- Active Directory not-on-Windows, might be useful.
- A bit on what Unix system pre-boot environments used to look like.
This week’s BSD Now talks about HAMBUG, the BUG meeting I don’t catch enough, plus ZFS news.