Seventies/Eighties computing, this week.
I finally used up my overflow links.
Your odd video link of the week: what if the Doctor Who theme was composed by John Carpenter, Vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre, or Tangerine Dream? (via)
This is overflow from last week’s overflow.
Your web game of the week: Sword Shop. Unity, so not sure where it can run other than Windows, unfortunately. (via)
You may be able to detect a subtle bias based on my early design education, this week.
Apparently this is the week where I comment about my links.
Your unrelated animated GIF of the week: I find this … Inspirational? Hilarious?
I’ve got some esoteric stuff this week.
Unrelated audio link of the week: Alan Lomax recordings are up on Bandcamp.
There’s some meaningful links buried in here, among the trivia.
This wrote itself a week ago.
- More dialing, more weirdness.
- The Internet On Dead Trees. I remember a number of these products.
- If you’d like to pay too much for ancient Radio Shack electronics, now’s your chance! (via)
- books chapter two, a followup to books chapter one which I thought I had linked before, but maybe not. Anyway, the same numeric chapter from a number of text books, described.
- And I delayed long enough to add books chapter three.
- The Internet Phone. Most inconvenient way to browse the Internet ever? (via)
- Stopping the Internet of Noise. RSS still works, and works well! (via)
- Urban and suburban camouflage.
- Trying to work in Haiku, the BeOS successor. (via)
- Winamp’s woes: How the greatest MP3 player undid itself. (via)
- Bashfill – art for your terminal. (via)
- Skip grep, use awk. (via)
- The origin of HTTP POST explained in a dinosaur comic.
- Not-butters. (sorta via)
- IFComp 2017 is open.
- Get My Books Cheap. Not me, Michael W. Lucas’s books – his fiction work, along with a number of other authors.
Your unrelated video link of the week: Animated Short Films. An animator’s favorites, if the above list of links hasn’t kept you busy enough..
A bumper crop of odd links today! Reading for a long weekend, or at least it’s a long weekend for most North American readers, I think.
Only half a year until Christmas!
Your unrelated video link of the week: time for sushi. A followup to going to the store and late for meeting. (via)
The weather’s nice but the links aren’t stopping!
Your unrelated comics link of the week: Mister Hayden Comics.
All over the map today.
Unrelated link of the week: I Love Butter Tarts. If you’ve never encountered a butter tart, you should. Found via the Midland Butter Tart Festival, which I am disappointed to have missed.
A lot of this was picked up during the previous long U.S. holiday weekend.
All these links came together at once, after I cleaned up a lot of browser tabs.
The weather’s nice, so the links are light. Well, they were, then I got some reading done, and now we have a good-size list.
Your unrelated link of the week: Roads & Kingdoms Breakfast. Food and a story every weekday.
Reader suggestions always make me happy.
Accidental topic this week: text interfaces!
Your unrelated video of the week: DOUBLE KING. (via multiple places)
Eclectic! I cover everything this week: computer history, modern pessimistic computing, odd hardware, strange software stories, comics, and tea.
Your sorta-a-comics-link of the week: Liartown USA, the book.