Posting this early cause it happens before the regular In Other BSDs post: You can eat lunch virtually with NYCBUG members this Friday, 1-2PM EST.
It’s on Jitsi so you can totally attend. The announcement also mentions the next three months of presentations and who’s coming in to present. There’s some good (not necessarily BSD) content on the way.
ChiBUG meets tonight, in person. RSVP and go, if you are near.
A little short this week but the holidays are catching up to me.
- The Apple Macintosh as a User Interface Agent for Unix Systems. (via)
- BSDCan 2022 is going to happen and maybe even in person. The call for papers is out.
- ChiBUG is meeting this Tuesday, the 14th.
- FreeBSD 12.3 is out.
- Valuable News – 2021/12/06.
- Using FreeBSD’s pkg audit to Investigate Known Security Issues.
- LLDB FreeBSD kernel core dump support.
- FreeBSD on Slimbook — 14 months of updates.
- TrueNAS 12.0U7 is out.
- Cross-platform package building: Pkgsrc vs. Ravenports, parts one and two.
- Active Directory not-on-Windows, might be useful.
- A bit on what Unix system pre-boot environments used to look like.
This week’s BSD Now talks about HAMBUG, the BUG meeting I don’t catch enough, plus ZFS news.
Not just release announcements this week.
- NYCBUG is down today for a significant hardware move.
- FOSDEM 2022 is going to have a BSD Devroom. It’s online, so you can submit prerecorded talks – submissions due December 31.
- Valuable News – 2021/11/29.
- GhostBSD 21.11.24 ISO is now available.
- mfs: sometimes useful?
- Exploring NetBSD’s msgs(1). (via)
- Review: Netgate 6100.
- FreeBSD article writers needed. I’ve linked to Klara Systems before.
- Speaking of which, UNIX Wars – The Battle for Standards.
- New Test System. OpenBSD storage book is next apparently.
- HardenedBSD November 2021 Status Report.
- doas insults. This is a gem. (via)
- The previous link led me to 9front’s theo.
- Simple network dashboard with vnstat.
- The state of Steam on OpenBSD.
- Logitech MX Keys and MX Master on OpenBSD using Logi Bolt.
- OpenBSD Webzine #5.
SEMIBUG’s meeting is tonight, online, with Deb Goodkin of the FreeBSD Foundation presenting.
Note the upcoming SEMIBUG meeting. I’ll post a reminder.
- Jenkins with FreeBSD Agents in EC2. (via)
- Manage Kubernetes Cluster from FreeBSD with kubectl. (via)
- What if Internet stops? How to rebuild an offline federated infrastructure using OpenBSD.
- OpenBSD on Raspberry Pi 4 with Full-Disk Encryption. (via)
- SEMIBUG is meeting November 16th, with a presentation from Deb Goodkin, head of the FreeBSD Foundation. It’s online.
- How I ended liking GNOME. Also, using X with the loss of one hand.
- Valuable News – 2021/11/08.
- UNIX Mouse Shootout.
- 0ad several versions behind, cant play online because of this. Linking so I remember to play it.
- FreeBSD Documentation: Papers We Love To Read.
- depotdownloader issues.
- FreeBSD 12.3RC1 is out.
- OPNsense 21.7.5 released.
- OpenBSD Webzine #4.
These are extended so HAM-BUG may still be meeting when you read this.
ChiBUG’s meeting via Google Meeting tomorrow, 6:30PM CDT.
NYCBUG’s hosting “Extreme scripting with KSH and AWK” with G Clifford Williams, tomorrow. It’s online, so everyone can get the lesson.
Note the last link; BSD and M1.
- RSA/SHA1 signature type disabled by default in OpenSSH. Disruptive but good.
- (open)rsync gains include/exclude support.
- Choosing The Right ZFS Pool Layout. Appropriate illustration.
- HardenedBSD August 2021 Status Report.
- ChiBUG will be meeting on Tuesday, September 14th at 6:30PM CDT via Google Meetings. I’ll post a reminder.
- NYCBUG Sept 8 meeting: Extreme scripting with KSH and AWK. Also reminding.
- Valuable News – 2021/08/30.
- FreeBSD/EC2 AMI Systems Manager Public Parameters.
- A new path: vm86-based venix emulator.
- After Summer. (KDE and BSD planned work)
- Former things – OSSG. BSD in London history.
- Hibernate time reduced. (OpenBSD)
- Fair Internet bandwidth management on a network using OpenBSD.
- NetBSD on the Apple M1. (via)
ChiBUG is meeting tonight at 6:30 CDT via Zoom. “Protecting OpenBSD from DMA Attacks” is the presentation; RSVP to the address in that linked message for the meeting link.
Well, not what are you doing there, but you’ll be describing “what you are doing” at a roundtable for NYCBUG’s August meeting tonight.