ChiBUG is meeting tonight at 6:30 CDT via Zoom. “Protecting OpenBSD from DMA Attacks” is the presentation; RSVP to the address in that linked message for the meeting link.
Well, not what are you doing there, but you’ll be describing “what you are doing” at a roundtable for NYCBUG’s August meeting tonight.
No mini-theme, but I was also ‘done’ early.
- Live Action Lazy Reading, so to speak, at NYCBUG on August 4th.
- Thinkpad T14 (AMD) Gen 2 – A Brave New World!
- OpenBSD 6.9 – Help with the “Failed to install bootblocks” issue.
- FreeBSD implements unprivileged chroot. (via)
- MyBee — FreeBSD OS and hypervisor bhyve as private cloud. (via)
- Set up FTP server on NetBSD using ftpd. (via)
- OPNsense 21.7 released, with 21.1.x EOL.
- Introducing dhcpleased(8).
- Let’s Talk OpenZFS Snapshot.
- FreeBSD Foundation Q2 2021 Status Update.
- A FreeBSD Puppet refresher by Romain Tartière. (2018)
- Using freebsd-update to upgrade jails.
- Valuable News – 2021/07/26.
- OpenBSD full Tor setup.
- [OpenBSD :: Virtualization] Host and guests on the same network. (via)
- FreeBSD KDE Frameworks dependencies.
ChiBUG meeting is at 6 PM at the normal place, which means you should go if you are near, and vaccinated.
Tonight, via Zoom: George Rosamond, “Why Privacy/Security (usually) Needs Anonymity”, for NYCBUG. Go, even if you aren’t near.
I’ll post a reminder for the NYCBUG event.
- July 7th: George Rosamond, “Why Privacy/Security (usually) Needs Anonymity”, for NYCBUG. George has strong opinions; you should hear them.
- The Evolution of the Unix System Architecture. A summary from an author of the IEEE article I linked before.
- Introduction to ZFS Replication.
- Rolling Back OpenBSD PF Changes. (via)
- Valuable News – 2021/06/29.
- Any Marathon fans up in here?
- KDE on FreeBSD 2021o4.
- PDF/ePub/Comics readers on BSD, a discussion.
- History of FreeBSD Part 5: Net/1 and Net/2 – A Path to Freedom.
ChiBUG’s in-person meeting is tonight. Go, if you are near. (and vaccinated, which you should be.) There will be stickers and of course pizza.
Some useful setup instructions in here.
- NetBSD: Using virtualization: QEMU and NVMM. Didn’t know this existed. (via)
- Using Jails with ZFS and PF on DigitalOcean. (via)
- FreeBSD Desktop – Part 26 – Configuration – Conferencing and Meetings.
- Valuable News – 2021/05/24.
- HardenedBSD Switching IRC Servers.
- NYCBUG is doing that too.
- And other spots.
- My state of macOS virtualisation, with FreeBSD and NetBSD digressions.
- Using NetBSD’s pkgsrc everywhere I can.
- FreeBSD router take 2 (pt. 3): Excursion – De-hardening OPNsense for 2022?
- FreeBSD router take 2 (pt. 4): Demoting my ISP’s router.
- OPNsense 21.1.6 released.
- Opening a Garage Door Using OpenBSD on a Raspberry Pi.
- KDE Plasma Wayland – a week in FreeBSD.
- KDE on FreeBSD 2021o3.
- Why OpenBSD?
- SemiBUG, meeting soon with Jitsi?
The ChiBUG May 11th Meeting is today, and it’s virtual – so you can go and should.
Brian Callahan presents for NYCBUG on compiler support in the BSDs, tonight. Send an email for a Zoom invite.
ChiBUG will be meeting today at 6:30PM CST via Zoom. Go, even if you aren’t near.
I’m hitting all the unixes.
- Atari Heavy Sixer. Not BSD, System V, but also note the post date.
- Knuth is still working on TeX. (via)
- Managing Multiple PostgreSQL Instances on FreeBSD. (via)
- XScreenSaver 6.00 out now. Haven’t seen it in dports yet.
- I got the GNU Modula-2 compiler working on OpenBSD.
- ChiBUG will be meeting on April 13th at 6:30PM CST via Zoom. I’ll post a reminder, of course.
- The pubnix history project. (via–via)
- Teach yourself Plan9 via SDF boot camp! Also why not get a mug? (via)
- i386 on FreeBSD 13 will be Tier 2, a reminder and look back.
- FreeBSD’s ports migration to git and its impact on HardenedBSD.
- Apologising to wpa_supplicant and FreeBSD Wi-Fi.
- Steam on FreeBSD.
- Valuable News – 2021/04/05.
- Interview with Abhinav Upadhyay, NetBSD contributor and machine learning software developer. (via)
- The state of toolchains in NetBSD.
HardenedBSD 2021 “State of the Hardened Union”, presented by Shawn Webb, happening at NYCBUG at 6:45 tonight. See the announcement for how to get the invite.
Michael Dexter will be giving a talk for NYCBUG’s February 3rd meeting (6:45 PM Eastern) titled “Fifteen Years and Fifteen Minutes: Applying Occam’s Razor to FreeBSD with OccamBSD“. If you want to attend – and you should – email for the Zoom link; the address to email is in the linked message.
(I managed to miss putting this in In Other BSDs Saturday, but that’s OK; you should go cause this is a topic that isn’t covered anywhere else.)
It’s online, so everyone can go to “Chatting About TLS and Orcs, by Michael W. Lucas“, tomorrow night. I’m putting this reminder the day before because you have to mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get the Zoom invite.
I am happy to be in the new year.
- Most important this week: Chatting About TLS and Orcs, an online NYCBUG speaker event with Michael W. Lucas. RSVP so you can see.
- On the way to the first thousand BSD-powered computers in the hardware database.
- BSD Games for Linux. (via)
- Trying OpenZFS 2 on FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE.
- Starting with FreeBSD jails.
- A potted history of UNIX, just up to BSD. (via)
- The FreeBSD 92. Nakatomi Socrates BSD Easter Egg. Followup from last week’s link. (Thanks, D. Ebdrup.)
- The world’s chunkiest card reader.
- Valuable News – 2020/12/28.
- Use Android USB Tethering to Get Internet on FreeBSD. (via)
- It feels like the broad Unix API is being used less these days.
- A Big Sur look for WindowMaker on OpenBSD.
As in, right now, and online, so join in and say hi.