helloSystem 0.8.1 released as a reaction to an 0.8.0 review. Which makes sense.
I have enough link buildup I’m dumping them all:
- Special tcpdump filtering options for OpenBSD’s pflog interface.
- Zork III.
- Michael W. Lucas in Jan/Feb 2023 FreeBSD Journal.
- BSDCan 2023 Tutorial: OpenBSD Storage Management.
- Some notes on OpenBSD 7.2 on a Thinkpad X201. What will I do when/if my x220 dies? It’s the best laptop.
- Taking a Better Photo of a CRT Screen with a Phone.
- Portney’s Earthshapes.
If you are going, you can get MWL books directly.
“Run Your Own Mail Server“, a task that has become unreasonably more difficult in recent years. Related: Who Reads Your Email?
I like the last paragraph in this description of Y2038 tests. (via)
“Tracing and Troubleshooting Open Source Systems” – probably applies to all BSDs.
ChiBUG is meeting in the normal place tomorrow.
I didn’t know what Moonlight and Sunshine are, but Moonlight at least is on NetBSD.
Tomorrow’s SEMIBUG meeting: “Making a FreeBSD Port” (Whoops, I mean Tuesday’s meeting. Posted too soon.)
Another writeup on running your own server with Nextcloud. (and OpenBSD) (via)
Tiling and XFCE. (and OpenBSD)
ChiBUG’s next meeting is the 21st; RSVP if you’re going.
DiscoBSD, which answers “what happened to RetroBSD?”
NYCBUG has a new venue and a May speaker. March and April are open if you want to give a talk.
This is the first time I’ve seen an article about turning features off. In this case, stereo sound on BSD.
JSON is really becoming a common format.