There’s a new dports build, and there’s been some updates so a new point release to 6.2.2 for DragonFly is a good idea. The new binary packages are available now with ‘pkg upgrade’, and I’ll work on 6.2.2 over the next few days.
This was done very early; I have been rigorous at cleaning up open tabs.
- Finger: the First Social Software. DOOM news was distributed that way. (via)
- Some things that make languages easy (or not) to embed in Unix shell scripts.
- My programming language odyssey.
- IntyOS – An Operating System for the Intellivision. Never went anywhere but that’s OK. (via)
- “The Canary in the Coal Mine…” A cautionary tale from the decline of SourceForge. (via)
- Wizard Zines. (via)
- Recommend Me Books, Part 347.
- XScreenSaver 6.04 out now with 2 new hacks.
- Uncurled, 30 years of open source project experience summed up. People need to write more overarching summaries like this. (via tuxillo on EFNet #dragonflybsd)
- arttime, ASCII art + terminal clock. (via)
- A tip: ctrl-A and ctrl-E move your cursor to the start or end of your command line, non-destructively. It’s taken me 3 years to learn to use that instead of erases-the-whole-line ctrl-U.
Your unrelated music for the week: KUTMAH – Original Production Beat Mix.
The Nixers link will keep you busy for a while if this isn’t enough here.
- FreeBSD on the Graviton 3.
- The UNIX-HATERS HANDBOOK is now available in the Kindle Store. (via)
- A quick look at console file managers.
- The Nixers Newsletter has been running again. I’ve been lax in linking to recent weekly issues, but they usually have some BSD content and the links are all gold.
- reversing an openbsd kernel syspatch.
- Adventures with Solaris 11.4 CBE, pkgsrc and NVMM. (via)
- Compiling the NetBSD kernel as a benchmark. (via)
- Time Machine like Backups on OpenBSD. (via)
- Installing pfSense 2.6 on ZimaBoard. (via)