This was done very early; I have been rigorous at cleaning up open tabs.
- Finger: the First Social Software. DOOM news was distributed that way. (via)
- Some things that make languages easy (or not) to embed in Unix shell scripts.
- My programming language odyssey.
- IntyOS – An Operating System for the Intellivision. Never went anywhere but that’s OK. (via)
- “The Canary in the Coal Mine…” A cautionary tale from the decline of SourceForge. (via)
- Wizard Zines. (via)
- Recommend Me Books, Part 347.
- XScreenSaver 6.04 out now with 2 new hacks.
- Uncurled, 30 years of open source project experience summed up. People need to write more overarching summaries like this. (via tuxillo on EFNet #dragonflybsd)
- arttime, ASCII art + terminal clock. (via)
- A tip: ctrl-A and ctrl-E move your cursor to the start or end of your command line, non-destructively. It’s taken me 3 years to learn to use that instead of erases-the-whole-line ctrl-U.
Your unrelated music for the week: KUTMAH – Original Production Beat Mix.