- MINITEL ALL, opening November 6th in New York City. They’ll have running consoles!
- It is a badge and a fully functional computer: Supercon badges.
- “We are captives to our phones, they are having a deleterious effect on society, and no one is coming to help us. On the upside, this is a great phone.” (via)
- Pen mouse.
- Unix in East Germany (1990) (via)
- Arcan versus Xorg – Approaching Feature Parity. (via)
- The Bounty of the Public Library. I have found University level education is there, for free, as long as the format can work for you.
- Garbage collection and the underappreciated power of good enough.
- How Lisp Became God’s Own Programming Language. (via)
- Floppy in watch. Surely I’ve linked to this before.
- Freedesktop.org: its past and its future. (via)
- Legion of Lobotomized Unices. (via)
- Maybe the worst conference talk I’ve ever been to.
- What laptop are you using?
- Why you should be willing to believe that
ed(1)is a good editor.
- High-res graphics on a text-only TRS-80. (via)
- Winamp 5.8 Release – First update in 5 years. And of course Webamp. (via)