Smushing BSD and Lazy Reading links together into one, again. Tell me if that’s good or bad from where you’re standing.
- How To Survive, computing safely while on the road, from CCC 2019. (via)
- Early Computer Art in the 50’s & 60’s. The sorts of images I love. (via)
- degreeless.design. Some excellent, excellent books listed. (via)
- My Top 10 Favorite D&D Monsters, part one and part two, and Magic Items, part one and part two.
- Emulating the Casio Loopy with Phil Bennett. (via)
- Rob Pike on the Origin of Unix Dot File Names. “Oops.” (via)
- Stream your OpenBSD desktop audio to other devices.
- Self-Hosted Bookmarks using DAV and httpd on OpenBSD.
- cron(8) now supports random ranges with steps.
- Exploring the CBSD virtual environment management framework – part 4: Jails (II).
- Michael W Lucas on BSDNow.
- Hand 386 Delivers A “True 386 Processor” in a Handheld. (via)
- Christopher Strachey and the Dawn of Interactive Text. Before program storage, even.
Your unrelated music of the week: DRASS – see it, say it, slaughtered. Another band name for Shardcore, which I have linked before. AI generated visuals if you can’t tell.