I got subscribed to the UNIX Heritage Society mailing list and it’s already turned up some good stories.
ps(1)gains support for tree-like display of processes. OpenBSD, though it would be useful everywhere, hint, hint.
rcctl(8)gains a “
- Portable OpenSSH commits now SSH-signed.
- Sharing Dual-Licensed Drivers between Linux and FreeBSD.
- “interesting old-timey UNIXes” – I do not know where these intersect with the more well known branches of the family tree.
- Time overflows have always been with us.
- A fresh look at FreeBSD. (via)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: The Unix Legacy. By Rob Pike. Note the timestamp, for 2 reasons.
- Valuable News – 2022/09/12.
- Installing BSD on an older Dell Laptop: having some issues.
- -current has moved to 7.2. OpenBSD.
- rpki-client 8.0 released.
- ChiBUG is meeting this Tuesday, the 20th.