Accidental theme: heavy metal.
- A literary appreciation of the Olson/Zoneinfo/tz database. Found while researching tz formats.
- Buster Keaton: slapstick anarchism. A continuation of an article I linked before.
- An Illustrated history of Easter Eggs. Delightful! (video, via)
- crontab converter for different time zones in unix?
- lowRISC has open source-related job openings.
- History and effective use of Vim. (via)
- Apollo Guidance Computer: Dipstiks and reverse engineering the core rope simulator.
- Elements of Programming is now free. (via)
- deconstruct files. An excellent deep dive, from the deconstruct 2019 conference, for which there’s a summary.
- Our switches can wind up in weird states after a power failure. Linked cause I experienced this over a miles-spanning network, over and underground.
- “This week I was forced to accept that XMPP and IRC are both goners.“
- The history of headbanging: “Heavy Metal.” Not enough music links, but it did lead me to the best version of War Pigs I’ve ever heard. (via)
- You don’t need to know… A familiar screen.
- Local 1Password iOS Vaults No Longer Free. The important part is the last quote. (via)
Your unrelated music link of the week: Grando by OHMYGOD.