I hope you have some time on your hands today. There are hours of reading and watching linked below.
- Before Adventure, Part 3: Caves (1973), Before Adventure, Part 4: Hunt the Wumpus (1973), and Before Adventure, Part 5: Wumpus 2 and 3.
- The ultimate guide to analog control panels in sci-fi movies. (via)
- Buster Keaton: Anarchitect. Linked because the use of animated gifs to illustrate a silent movie career works astonishingly well. (via multiple places)
- How to Read More.
- The Trove, possibly every RPG print volume ever? (via)
- Mattel’s Dungeons and Dragons Computer Labyrinth. (via)
- The Wu Tang Collection, all crazy older kung fu movies. (also via)
- Raster CRT Typography (According to DEC). (thanks, Ben Collver)
- Screen Share Disasters. I tell people, always close other apps when presenting. (via)
- Some followups to the GPS rollover that happened last week. (via)
- Leap-years and leap-seconds. Not only is time not constant, its rate of change is not constant – or predictable! (also via)
- Trek Adventure, 1980.
- Iconic consoles of the IBM System/360 mainframes, 55 years old. I like the pictures.
- The 1973 Bourne shell in Unix version 5 was only 858 lines of C. I like the pictures here too.
Your unrelated Kickstarter of the week: Lancer, an RPG.