Yay, got to use the roguelike tag!
- ARPANET: Celebrating 50 Years Since “LO”. There’s a transcript farther down the page if you don’t want to watch the video; I am always grateful for transcripts. (via)
- THROBAC, a computer using Roman numerals. I had no idea this could exist.(via)
- Aspell to check spelling.
- Drist release with persistent ssh.
- Open protocols can evolve fast if they’re willing to break other people.
- Why I like middle mouse button paste in xterm so much.
/dev/null, an old Unix trick. Muscle memory.
- Bad PC cases.
- Cygwin 3.0.0-1. (via)
- Level Design and Shaping a Roguelike Experience. I linked to Cogmind 4 years ago, and it has significantly grown since then. Note to self: play. (via)
- Ask laarc: What apps do you love and/or use habitually?
- Ultima VII. Deep dive into a deep game.
- Dwarf Fortress diaries: 3, a gruesome winter, 4 – Messages from Zon, 5 – culture war, dingo war, and 6 – Through the Interesting Door.
- Landley’s Computer History Page. There’s a lot of history there. Plus BSD history! (via)
- Using gmail with mutt. (via)
- Writing a Rust Roguelike for the Desktop and the Web. (via)
- Restoring My 90’s Era 386 (Work in Progress). Back when heatsinks were much less necessary. (via)
- Split keyboards, a five year experience and review. Source comments led me to Keyboardio, which is nice hardware… and can be reprogrammed by the end user! That’s the way it should be.