Another wide range; hope you have reading time.
- Proposal for turning off standard I/O buffering.
- Inside the 76477 Space Invaders sound effect chip: digital logic implemented with I2L.
- Command-line Tools can be 235x Faster than your Hadoop Cluster. (via)
- From previous link comments: Scalability! But at what COST?
- Also: Taco Bell Programming, though that term is not as negative as my mental associations with it would seem.
- More Instantly Better Vim (2013). Video. It’s Damian Conway, so it’s a little bit turned to 11. (via)
- Free Software Needs Free Tools. Video based on this 2010 paper. (via)
- You need deli cups. I do this. All lids match; it’s great. (via)
- Inside printf. (via)
- Playing Battleships Over BGP. (via)
Your vector graphics video of the week: TANK. (via multiple places)