I have the normal list of links, but here’s a feature. At first glance, this looks like Netgate, the commercial entity behind pfsense, is not using FreeBSD for their new product. However, Jim Thompson of Netgate steps up and give a full-on explanation, and points out there’s already code out there to do this – it needs contributors.
- Where did devio.us go?
- Do Not Use sha256crypt / sha512crypt – They’re Dangerous. As the source link comments point out, FreeBSD’s implementation may be similar. I haven’t looked at other BSDs, and I’m not qualified to evaluate how dangerous this is or is not. (via)
- Simple Desktop for OpenBSD 6.3. (via)
- New Grammar for smtpd.conf.
- An annotated look at a NetBSD Pinebook’s startup.
- Valuable News – 2018/05/21.
- Draining the manual-page swamp. (via)
- WireGuard is available for OpenBSD. (via)
- FreeBSD Desktop – Part 3 – X11 Window System.