Accidental theme this week: Social media is a dead end.
- ViperCard – An open source re-creation and re-imagination of HyperCard. I… could have sworn I already linked to this but I can’t find it. (via)
- gokrazy – Go userland. Every language eventually reinvents the wheel this way. (via)
- The Game of Everything, Part 4: Civilization and Geography. First 3 parts linked last week.
- It’s Time for a RSS Revival. (via)
- Growth At Any Cost. Facebook is designed to take your data and give it to others. It will never not do that. Don’t participate.
- Cracks in the Wall. Blogging is better than social media, but of course I would say that. (via)
- And here’s some more reinforcement of that idea. (via)
- A 1970s disk drive that wouldn’t seek: getting our Xerox Alto running again. I like the platter shots.
- An oral history of the L0pht. Part 1, with subsequent parts linked. (via)
- The definitive resource for imagemagick scripts. I have needed this many times. (via)
- AlterEgo: A Personalized Wearable Silent Speech Interface. Neat but creepy creepy creepy from the illustations. (via)
- dotdrop, dotfile management. (via)
- Prince of Persia from Apple ][ to BBC Master. (via)
Your unrelated food link for the week: King Arthur test kitchen disasters. Summarized annually on April Fools Day, every year.