Accidental theme this week: games.
- AI Anecdotes, with highlights. (via)
- The history of documented Unix facilities. (via)
- Web OS, open sourced. Originally what ran on Palm handhelds. I got to try an unreleased Palm phone just before they folded – it was slick. (via)
- The quest to save Stephen Hawking’s voice. He can literally speak from beyond the grave, if you think about it. (via)
- A Look Back at PLATO. (via)
- Odd Comments and Strange Doings in Unix. (via)
- The Handheld History Collection. (via)
- The Game of Everything, Part 1: Making Civilization and Part 2: Playing Civilization and Part 3: Civilization and the Narrative of Progress.
- The making of Dark Castle. That game fascinated me. (via)
- Edible Dice. Yep, can buy them. (via)
- Stop cherry-picking, start merging: Index.
- groups.io. Way, way better than dealing with Yahoo or Google ‘free’ group products, which is an unavoidable feature of many non-tech groups. (via)
Your unrelated cookbook link of the week: “Texture – A hydrocolloid recipe collection”.