Happy St. Patrick’s Day! In the U.S., we drink green beer and wear kilts, cause nobody’s terribly sure what Irish means within an American context anymore.
- Can you identify this VMS roguelike? (thanks, Erik Blomberg)
- An amusing story about a practical use of the null garbage collector.
- A potential way to have spaces in filenames and not break the Unix command line.
- QueryParser. Well, at least Uber has a positive side effect. (via)
- Sortix. (via)
- Light Phone 2. Linked to mostly because of the e-ink screen. (via)
- futures of distributions, “programmer-archaeologists”. (via)
- Tidelift. Related to the previous link: a sort of umbrella organization to create financial incentives for open source maintenance. (via)
- Looking back on the Jupiter Ace (Forth Minicomputer). (via)
- Unix folklore: using multiple sync commands. (via)
- Actually using ed. (via)
- Pulled from the last item’s source link: people who use acme seem to be devoted to it – even more than vi/emacs users.
- But there’s always ed. (also via)
- While on the editor kick: Spacemacs, an enhanced Emacs.
Your unrelated mollusk-related death metal of the week: Slugdge.