Roguelike/UNIX theme this week.
- Apple ][ colors. (via)
- Ultimate ADOM.
- The Secret History of Cricket Magazine. Unlike any other publication ostensibly for children. (via)
- The Xerox Alto Struts Its Stuff on Its 40th Birthday. (via)
- Apparently doors run on UNIX now.
- A Net Before the Web, Part 4: The Rogue, the Yuppie, and the Soldier, and A Net Before the Web, Part 5: The Pony.
- IFComp 2017: Summary and Mini-Reviews.
- The origin of robotfindskitten, a roguelike.
- How Game Titles Work: 2017 Update. I linked to the earlier version of this some time ago.
- Run the First Edition of Unix via Docker. (via)
- The First UNIX Port. PDF. (via)
- The First Port of UNIX. Also PDF, from same timeframe and same source link.
- PoC||GTFO Print Collection. (via)
- Why does man print “gimme gimme gimme” at 00:30? (via)
- How I revived the 1973 Unix Programmer’s Manual. (via)
- Integrated development window manager. Why isn’t this everywhere? It doesn’t even assume bash! (via)
Your off-topic music link of the week: A Walk Through Buckethead’s Massive Bandcamp Catalogue.