Not sure why, but there’s been a lot of BSD news the past few weeks. I am OK with that.
Late addition: NetBSD’s New York build cluster will be offline beginning Monday for about two weeks, which means no daily NetBSD or pkgsrc builds.
- FreeBSD package management with Pkg (2/2).
- [Semibug] next meeting: BSD accessibility.
- I3 instances and NVMe: booya! Or how you can build FreeBSD from the source in under 11 minutes vs. 12+ hours on a desktop. Is there something like ‘quickworld’ on FreeBSD? (via)
- iXsystems, Inc. is offering jobs to Sun/Oracle Refugees. (via)
- BSD building/testing machines? (via)
- Solaris to Linux Migration 2017. Some BSD mentions in there. (via)
- openbsd changes of note 628.
- Forward syslogs to a central server using TLS (OpenBSD). (via)
- A return-oriented programming defense from OpenBSD. (via)
- OPNsense 17.7.2 released.
- vBSDCon 2017 Conference Reflection.
- Screencasting with OpenBSD. (via)
- t2k17 Hackathon report: Ken Westerback on dhclient progress, developer herding.