This wrote itself a week ago.
- More dialing, more weirdness.
- The Internet On Dead Trees. I remember a number of these products.
- If you’d like to pay too much for ancient Radio Shack electronics, now’s your chance! (via)
- books chapter two, a followup to books chapter one which I thought I had linked before, but maybe not. Anyway, the same numeric chapter from a number of text books, described.
- And I delayed long enough to add books chapter three.
- The Internet Phone. Most inconvenient way to browse the Internet ever? (via)
- Stopping the Internet of Noise. RSS still works, and works well! (via)
- Urban and suburban camouflage.
- Trying to work in Haiku, the BeOS successor. (via)
- Winamp’s woes: How the greatest MP3 player undid itself. (via)
- Bashfill – art for your terminal. (via)
- Skip grep, use awk. (via)
- The origin of HTTP POST explained in a dinosaur comic.
- Not-butters. (sorta via)
- IFComp 2017 is open.
- Get My Books Cheap. Not me, Michael W. Lucas’s books – his fiction work, along with a number of other authors.
Your unrelated video link of the week: Animated Short Films. An animator’s favorites, if the above list of links hasn’t kept you busy enough..