The weather’s nice, so the links are light. Well, they were, then I got some reading done, and now we have a good-size list.
- Rule #1: Interop is all that matters. This is what gave us the Internet, really. (via)
- Nethogs, the tool.
- SIGGRAPH 2017 : Technical Papers Preview Trailer. See what will appear in movies and triple-A games a year from now. (via)
- The Restoration of Early Unix Artifacts. (via)
- The Computer Cook Book. (via)
- Internet Histories, a n in-depth examination of exactly that. First issue. The introduction has a great Tim Berners-Lee quote. (via)
- Please insert next floppy.
- Many pet rabbits will die in Second Life on Saturday. As the source link says, “At least nobody will ever make real food depend on the cloud, right?”
- Modern OS/2 released. (via)
- The Unix Webserver. Interesting to see as a concept, but not necessarily a good idea as implemented. (via)
- A list of “highly-specific one-person’s-passion” websites. One of my favorite things to see on the Internet. (via)
Your unrelated link of the week: Roads & Kingdoms Breakfast. Food and a story every weekday.