Accidental topic this week: text interfaces!
- PuTTY 0.69 has been released. (via)
- Made by the same author: Simon Tatham’s Portable Puzzle Collection. Like Minesweeper times one thousand. (via)
- Random ASCII spaceship generator.
- Telnet MapSCII.
- terminal emulators’ processing of escape sequences. I’ve Ctrl-S’d myself a few times, I’ll admit. (via)
- ZX Spectrum Next. Actually contains a ZX chip. (via)
- BSD author Michael W. Lucas is having a flash sale on his fiction. It may be over by the time you read this.
- The quest to crack and preserve vintage Apple II software. A podcast episode, with some speakers I really like. (via)
- Securing Telnet with SSL. (via)
- Apple ][ clone and lawsuit history, some of which is new to me.
Your unrelated video of the week: DOUBLE KING. (via multiple places)