More thinking topics than version changes this week, which is interesting.
- Comprehensive and biased comparison of OpenBSD and FreeBSD. It’s the PDF transcript from the FOSDEM 2017 “My BSD sucks less than yours” presentation, linked previously. (via)
- OPNsense 17.1.3 released.
- Ask HN: Why is BSD becoming more popular in embedded devices? Lots of half-informed theorizing there.
- The BSD family tree. Not new, but the discussion at the source link is more to look at, along with other links.
- Upgrading notes for pfSense 2.3.x users, where 2.3.x < 2.3.3.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: regarding OpenSSL Licence change. Nothing goes well with OpenSSL. Hey, it rhymes! (via)
- golang now has native support for OpenBSD’s pledge(2).
- “And then the murders began.” – applied to tech BSD books.
- TrueNAS and ZFS terms and explanations.