Thinkpieces, this week.
- The Magic Arrow: A talk about the SIP2 protocol and the purpose of REST.
- Testing LLVM
- git apply --palimpsest=3 --rewind-sprocket
- 25 useful web developer tools. Not clickbait as you’d expect.
- FAP80, A retro computer without the retro baggage. (via)
- Modern propaganda is distraction, not argument. (PDF, via)
- Ransomware takes a nasty turn
- Lock-Free Bugs
- Related: The compendium of database ransomware. A scientific approach to measuring a disaster.
- “…the open source developer tools market is one of the worst markets one could possibly end up in…” RethinkDB post-mortem. (via)
- Maintainers Don’t Scale. Applies to far more than the Linux kernel. (via)
- Introduction to Precision Farming. I have seen this up close, so to speak, as there’s a company that does this around the corner from my workplace.
Your tea link of the week: Scary photo of an Indian tea plantation