Typed early while contractors drill holes in my house.
- VimWiki – A personal wiki for Vim (via)
- RFC 7764 – Guidance on Markdown. Let’s take a moment to appreciate how successful Markdown has been, without anything pushing it but innate utility. If you don’t agree, try SGML for a while. (via)
- Related: note that code out of that RFC is considered BSD licensed? I don’t know if that’s the case for all RFCs, but it’s a ‘license win’ in any case.
- Also related: CommonMark.
- Where does 9600 bps come from? (via)
- Defending Accounts Against Common Attacks. Not using 2-factor auth seems to be a common theme in the various email disclosure events out there. (via)
- Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, and its discussion.
- EMPs and electronics.
- Unix tip: Cleaning up your files
- Dubious security vulnerability: Discovering the salt
- Another Git catastrophe cleaned up
Your unrelated link of the week: arguments over bread terminology.