Assembled hastily on Saturday, which is later than I’ve been in a long time.
- Don’t tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to.
- “Beautiful artwork plays the UNIX timestamp on cymbals“. A 32-bit art installation, judging from the year 2038 time limit.
- Every parallel ATA connection ever in one device, or close to it.
- The Forgotten Early History of Fanfiction. (via)
- The Secret Nuclear History of Cat Videos. Where diffserv levels came from, in a very thorough explanation. (also via)
- DevOps vs. SRE. (via)
- “NetBox is an IP address management (IPAM) and data center infrastructure management (DCIM) tool.” I really could have used this about 8 years ago. (also via)
- Mathematical term or Hollywood movie?
- Xerox Alto Restoration Part 3: drive ok and First boot attempt. (via)
- Sil, a roguelike that is as Tolkienish as possible. (via)
- Mental Models I Find Repeatedly Useful. (via)
- What to Consider When the Platforms Show Up with Money. This is why I still run the Digest as my own site, rather than through Facebook/Twitter/Medium/whatever. (via)
Unrelated link of the week: Heavy metal riff generator. (via) Related to unrelated: Heavy Metal and Natural Language Processing – Part 1. (via)