Network tools and analysis is the accidental topic this week.
- More open-source network management tools.
- How do ISPs and modems actually obtain the right signal off of a phone/cable/optical fiber/whatever line? A layer-1 overview. (via)
- A damp discussion of network queuing. (via)
- How To Make Fossils Productive Again. (via)
- Frolicsome Engines: The Long Prehistory of Artificial Intelligence.
- SSH for fun and profit. (via)
- CV of Failures. I like the last one. (via)
- Go best practices, six years in. (via)
- PocketCHIP, hardware for PICO-8. (via)
- Circuit Classics — Sneak Peek!
- An update on SSH protocol 1. Dead in a year, that’s the update. (via)
- How difficult is the GVG-AI competition?
- Deflecting it old school. From here.
Your unrelated tea link of the week: British tea consumption has been going down. (via) I like the additional charts about biscuits and cake, complementary to tea. Which reminds me: Welsh cakes are so good that the first time I made them, I was angry that I hadn’t tried them years ago.