I came up with a whole bunch of links at the last minute despite traveling and being sick. I’m dedicated to your idle reading!
- In defence of curl | sudo bash –. Not really in defense because nobody’s that crazy. (via)
- Leap “smearing”.
- HyperRogue – A non-Euclidean roguelike. (via)
- Hack RUN. A… greenscreenlike?
- 30 years of Amiga. Coming up in about a month. (via)
- “Why Agile, Lean and Six Sigma must die …” (via)
- You probably already saw “Inceptionism: Going Deeper into Neural Networks“, but there’s already a t-shirt. (via)
- Finding the needles.
- If We’ve Won, Why Are We Still Explaining Open Source? (via)
- hhighlighter, syntax coloring for the output of other programs.
- UNIX Recovery Legend. (via) There’s more documents of similar vintage to look at.
- “The Hacker’s Diet: How to lose weight and hair through stress and poor nutrition”. While I hadn’t read this before now, I’ve been doing a similar pattern for some months now, and I’ve lost 30 lbs/13.5 kg.
- The Curta Calculator. A neat bit of machinery that I’ve never seen.
- Retro Thinkpad idea. I would buy this, for the keyboard alone.
Your off-topic link of the week: you have about a week to pay $35 to not die when the Earth is destroyed on July 5th. It’s the 18th time the world has almost ended, so it has to work out one of these times.