As you read this, I am probably watching a storage processor reboot.
- Another worthy cause for donation/sponsorship: the Network Time Foundation.
- Really making sure the data’s gone. (via)
- Sirius, for talking to computers like all the big companies are doing – but open source! (via many places)
- Smart City.
- “Everybody“. The section on a car rebooting gave me pause.
- int3.cc, hardware hacking. (via)
- USB Type C.
- y = -x^3.
- The Worst Internet Things. Seems like a cheesy list, but these things are really quite awful. (via)
- The Humble Roguelike Bundle. Dunno if any of it runs on BSD… but that is far more likely these days.
- 17 years of curl. Same developer the whole time, which is neat. fetch(1) is 18.75 years old, for contrast. (via)
- The sad state of sysadmin in the age of containers. (via)
- A software engineer’s role traversal. Linking for the end part: Ask your employer not for free food, but for the chance to create something that lasts outside of your employer’s operations.
I’d love to see fewer developers demanding superficial perks, and more of them asking to have more time to contribute to the open source products we use, mentor young developers, and learning more about the space they occupy. All of those result in us growing as developers in more than just our coding skills.