This is the Lazy Reading mix I like – some history, some commentary.
- How to make your Unix prompts more useful and interesting.
- An exploration of the mtr utility.
- Sweet 16: The 6502 Dream Machine. (via)
- SMS cards: The technology inside IBM’s 1960s mainframes. (via)
- Vim is a Game. (via)
- DoS by lightbulb. (via)
- Public vs. private cloud.
- Euclid’s algorithm in the Shell. (via)
- The Joys of Unix – Cryptolog in 1978 (via)
- The Web’s Grain.
- The day the rabbits died.
- How many IP addresses can a DNS query return? (via)
Your unrelated link of the week: Perfect cup of tea renders all other tea pointless. A sloppy joke, so let me share these recipes for masala chai and hobnobs instead. I’m hungry.