I spent a good chunk of this weekend at work for various reasons, so it’s a slightly less long list. On the plus side, I know a bit more about setting up fiber links now.
- On the Design of Editors for Small Computers. Pre-vi, pre-emacs. (via)
- Rob Pike: Reflections on Window Systems. Video. (via)
- Writing a Simple Operating System – From Scratch. PDF. (via)
- tilde.club, an effort to resurrect the ~/username web page. Wish I had got in. (via many places)
- The “Mark I“, (one of) the first programmable computers, designed in 1937.
- Cool-retro-term, another analog terminal simulator. (via)
- A progress update on the Novena computer, with significant manufacturing detail.
- An interesting paper on Alan Turing. (PDF)
- disk seeks are slow don’t do them. SQLite internals. (via)
- BadUSB, which naturally leads to USB Condom.
Your unrelated image of the week:
I’m getting a new pet tomorrow.