This is the week of the funny, apparently.
- I’ve linked to this site before, but not this specific feature: History of UNIX manpages. Part of the formatting that makes up man pages dates back to 1964! ‘roff’ comes from RUNOFF, the original markup! This is the perfect mix of history, nerditry, and language for me.
- Hubert Feyrer says there should be BSD Certification training material. I agree.
- That’s the spiffiest TWM I’ve ever seen, and it’s on DragonFly. Found at the same place: Bash.
- Hey, Michael Lucas is planning for his next book!
- Developer error HTTP status codes. (via) What’s the geekiest joke I can still find funny?
- I like it when computers look like serious computers. (via luxh on #dragonflybsd)
Your totally unrelated video link of the week: The Necronomicon. Pitch perfect.