I was low on time but I still brought the links!
- This is why software sucks. Many people get tech news by skimming headlines, and don’t read details – so prominently writing an opinionated title is more effective sometimes than, say, reasoned argument.
- “selective disclosure” is a better term. (same author)
- The EFF’s Open Wireless Router project. Can they get a 48-port one built?
- UNIX: knowing your memory commands.
- The Open Source Identity Crisis. I agree with the article – some people still think open source developers are the coders, and then there’s everyone else… which is emphatically not the case any more. (via)
- Used/refurbished server sellers. This is going to be useful to someone.
- Programming with Punched Cards. (PDF, via)
- Escher: Choiceless programming. Weird. (via)
- Apparently I’ll link to anything about Dwarf Fortress; it’s a culturally distinct thing – so much so that it’s being used as an art exhibit. (via)