Another week, another linkpile. I’d probably have more links if it wasn’t for Lost Alpha coming out.
- Novena in the X-Ray. I like being able to see the ferrite cores inside the Ethernet ports.
- Hardening Android. It’s a good idea. (via)
- How to run the previous command with sudo quickly. Linked more because I never remember CTRL-a as the nondestructive alternative to CTRL-u.
- UNIX on the Game Boy Advance. 5th Edition UNIX, too. There’s some good history included. (via)
- Have you changed your password lately?
- What happened to/with BIND 10? Some good points in that presentation. (via)
- One of the better casemods I’ve ever seen.
- Wearable NFC. Slightly less invasive version of RFID or magnet implantation. (via)
- SIGGRAPH 2014 Technical Papers Preview Trailer. The trailer has some neat stuff in it, and here’s the actual papers. (via)
- LibreSSL status report. Notable: a commercial company supports OpenSSL, but the code quality was horrible. Commercial sponsors don’t necessarily make everything better. Michael Lucas has notes too, and there’s video. (via)
Your unrelated link of the week: Dragonfly (the bug) closeups.