Things are picking up again after the break.
- Faces of FreeBSD: Isabell Long. Note that she came in via Google Code-In. That’s the value of those programs.
- OpenBSD: Randomness, sooner.
- OpenBSD’s change to PIE for i386 means special upgrade procedures – if you’re on i386. Also, here’s PIE. atexit(3) changes also changes the upgrade method this one time for… all platforms? I’m not sure.
- The DiscoverBSD roundup for 12/31/2013.
- The FreeBSD Test Suite. It’s similar to what NetBSD has, but see the source link for comments on what’s different. DragonFly has a test setup too, though I’ve never tried it – is there one for OpenBSD?
- Pkgsrc-2013Q4 is branched.
- FreeBSD has improved NFS performance.
- NetBSD has updated libpcap, tcpdump, wpa, bind, and dhcpcd.
- OpenBSD has updated xterm, glproto, and some other xenocara parts.