Less straight source links this week.
- FreeBSD 9.2 is out.
- FreeBSD no longer has GNU ar or GNU ranlib, or BIND.
- FreeBSD has an Open Fabrics Enterprise Distribution update. (OFED info) (helps DragonFly)
- NetBSD has initial support for the OMAP1-183 board.
- NetBSD has updated terminfo to 20130607.
- NetBSD has imported FreeBSD’s new implementation of NFS – does not run yet.
- NetBSD 6.1.2 and 6.0.3 are out.
- The pkgsrc-2013Q3 freeze is over, and here’s the branch announcement.
- There’s some discussion of long-term support in pkgsrc, an idea I like.
- EuroBSDCon 2013 presentations for OpenBSD are online.
- OpenBSD now has a built-in snmp client. Undeadly has a description.
- OpenBSD now has ntpctl(8), for querying ntpd.
- There’s a new MaheshaBSD video on YouTube. (it’s a custom FreeBSD setup, though DragonFly versions exist too.)
Related to DragonFly: Patrick Welche updated glib2 in pkgsrc, and is interested in hearing how it works for DragonFly users. If you have pkgsrc on your system and it’s not a quarterly release, try building t.