Here’s the accepted projects for DragonFly and Google Summer of Code 2013:
- Block compression feature in HAMMER2, Daniel Flores Tafur, mentored by Matthew Dillon
- Capsicum kernel implementation, Joris GIOVANNANGELI, mentored by Alex Hornung
- Implement hardware nested page table support for vkernels, Mihai Carabas, mentored by Venkatesh Srinivas
- Make vkernels checkpointable, Pawel Dziepak, mentored by Samuel Greear
- Userland System V Shared Memory / Semaphore / Message Queue implementation, Grigore Larisa-Ileana, mentored by Markus Pfeiffer
Like last year, we had more excellent proposals than we could accommodate with available slots and mentors. We now enter the ‘community bonding’ period, so that students can get used to the DragonFly environment and make sure they have all the tools needed to perform work. The work itself starts on June 17th.
Good luck to everyone involved!