Ok, now posting this on the correct day…
- If you are familiar with 2d/3d animation, web apps, game design or graphics programming, look at my alma mater. They’re hiring teachers… I’m teaching an open source class there this spring.
- Kriegspiel, the board game. Kreigspiel, the computer game. Kreigspiel, the Avalon Hill game on my shelf, which is unfortunately not the same thing. Anyway, in the process of looking up that one game because I remembered the name, I found that one of the other games on my shelf might be available again. Silent Death is one of the the best miniatures games I’ve ever played. There’s still some continuation of those Avalon Hill games too. (Long chain of memories set off via)
- A noble goal.
- The 19A0s, visually somewhere between the late 1980s and the year 2000, with a Pinterest board to match. (via)
- Message in a Binary Bottle, secret messages stuffed into the ROM of console games, years ago. (via)
- For Amusement Only: The Life and Death of the American Arcade. I miss these. The closest thing to me that’s like these old arcades is this museum exhibit.
- Same source: Inside one of the last pinball factories in the world.
- This Thinkpad Chromebook actually gave me a ‘Shut up and take my money!’ gut reaction. My work laptop is a Thinkpad x220 and it’s one of the best laptops I’ve ever used.
- 30 Years of the Apple Lisa and Apple ][e. (via) Hey that’s neat I remember this oh my god I’m old.
Your unrelated comic link of the week: The Game, by Boulet. Goes with some of the links.