- “Entropy is a programming langauge where data decays as the program runs. ” (via) It was used to write Drunk Eliza, a form of the famous Eliza program that uses Rogerian-therapy-style interaction. That led me to find Esolang, the esoteric programming languages wiki. You will be amused/horrified, perhaps simultaneously, by some of the languages described there. (Did I link to Esolang before? I recall something like that but can’t find it…)
- Here’s someone asking for an implementation of DragonFly’s swapcache, for Postgres. The response, quite correctly, is “No.” I can’t imagine how painful it would be to support a database-specific disk caching system across multiple platforms, on top of whatever each platform did on its own. (Thanks, Jan Lentfer)
- Surrealist humor mixed with typographical humor.
- SSH Mastery is now available on Amazon, in hardcopy form.
- Cat vs. Router.
- Armenia has abolished summer time. It’s just a time zone update, but I like the phrase.
Your unrelated comics link of the week: Friends With Boys. The whole comic is available online starting with the first page here and going on for about 200 more. The full comic is only going to be online for a few days – hopefully enough for people to see it – and then you have to buy it. (There will still be a preview.) It’s a good story.