This is a shorter version of a Lazy Reading post, but it’s linking to some extensive writing. Yay for having other people make up for my brevity!
- Here’s part two of the excellently written story of @. Again, interesting because it mentions ASCII, and its unlamented predecessor BCDIC, among other things. Read part 1 if you missed it.
- Stephen Ramsay’s blog – the most recent items are about command line usage. There’s some gems to glean from there, like Jekyll. (via)
- Learn Perl in about 2 hours 30 minutes. The world needs more tutorials like this, or else this.) (also via)
- Obsessive detail over emulation. (via)
- Hey, that’s a good idea for passwords.
Your unrelated link of the day: the comics of Lucy Knisley. (follow the ‘Previous’ links for more)