Where I get more linkbloggy than usual:
- According to the 5th slide in this presentation, Android’s libc, “Bionic”, is BSD-derived. Anyone know which BSD? It looks like “whatever” is the answer.
- There’s a video out about BSD Certification.
- Hubert Feyrer has a note about NetBSD’s not-necessarily-intended moves towards a microkernel architecture. Other “move things to userland” steps have happened in DragonFly; it seems a trend.
- Giorgos Keramidas talks about font substitution in Firefox. This should work on any platform.
- Vim plugins: a.vim lets you switch between .c and .h files with a single command.
- I should have linked to this yesterday: Epitome, a “deduplication engine” for OpenBSD, was mentioned a bit in the most recent BSDTalk. (via)
- Gopher: not dead yet. (also via)