There’s been a lot of linkworthy things lately, which I will list here in an effort to catch up:
- Jeremy C. Reed kindly updated BIND in DragonFly to cover for the recent cross-vendor DNS issue.
- Michael Neumann removed the 3-decade-old bug in yacc recently found by an OpenBSD developer.
- Smallest possible actual file size on Hammer: 272 bytes.
- Peter Avalos updated libarchive to 2.5.5.Â He detailed plans to start using the BSD-licensed version of cpio, with the GNU version dropped by DragonFly’s 2.3 release.
- This conversation between Dmitri Nikulin and Matthew Dillon is very interesting, partially because it contains detailed opinions from experienced people, but also because it’s an amicable disagreement – a rare thing on the Internet.
- Michael Neumann has added support for the NVIDIA MCP61, MCP65, MCP67, MCP73 and MCP77 chipsets, some of it from FreeBSD.